Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Linux Filesystems and MySQL

Percona Live 2013 is underway in Santa Clara, CA.  I presented tonight on Linux Filesystems and MySQL.

I think, overall, it went well, though I may have underestimated the technical nature of my audience a little judging by their questions.  Admittedly, it was geared toward the somewhat newer DBA / System Administrator who has been pressed into MySQL responsibilities.  As a result, I chose to cover a lot of theory that I think made the presentation a bit "boring" for the first half for those folks who already have down the basics of SAS vs SATA, IO Scheduler differences, and filesystem differences.  This is, of course, a tribute to the rather bright nature of most attendees at this conference.  The caliber is, on average, a good bit higher than other technical conferences I've been to in the past.

As part of it, I decided to lighten the mood a bit with some bad poetry sprinkled throughout.  In a few days Percona will upload the slides and I'll update this with the link.

I will do a more detailed review of the conference at the end but so far everything is good except the food the hotel is serving.

[Update] Slides for the talk can be found here .

No comments:

Post a Comment