Saturday, April 6, 2013

Shamallû

For those who have not had the privilege of pouring through ancient Babylonian texts I need to explain the title of this blog for a moment.  Shumallû is the Akkadian (Babylonian and Assyrian) word for "Student" or "Pupil", typically with regards to a scribe in training.  While the word is Akkadian the written form most often goes to the older Sumerian version, being LÚ.SHAB.TUR.

I choose this as my title because I am still learning MySQL.  While I have been using it for years and was certified in it several years back I find that with every new setup and every new challenge I have much more to learn and there are those who are far more knowledgeable than I am.  I hope this blog to be a place where I can share some of the random knowledge I have collected for weird problems, observations, or testing especially for the things I could not easily find on Google.  Perhaps, others who know more can continue to instruct or correct me in comments or feedback as I go and I will continue to learn from the wealth of experience among my peers.

Also, sometimes I like to have fun with MySQL, languages, and food.  There may appear some mixing of those subjects for which I make no apologies.

Ammon

No comments:

Post a Comment